The inaugural AirSpace Minnesota Founding Flyers Gala was launched in style on April 25 at the spectacular Golden Wings Flying Museum at the Anoka County-Blaine Airport. Guests enjoyed a once-in-a-lifetime experience featuring Dr. Buzz Aldrin (first moon landing) and Dr. Harrison “Jack” Schmitt (last moon landing).
Dr. John Olson of Sierra Nevada Corporation engaged these legendary leaders in a conversation to share their remarkable experiences, vision for the future and recollections of working with Minnesota native Robert Gilruth, the father of America’s Human Spaceflight program.
- Paul Acito, 3M Aerospace & Commercial Transportation
- Dr. Clayton Cowl, Mayo Clinic
- Richard Davis, U.S. Bank
- Peter Erickson, General Mills
- John Fredericksen, Sun Country Airlines
- Greg Herrick, Aviation Foundation of America
- Rick King, Thomson Reuters
- Dr. Perry Leo, University of Minnesota
- Tom Mepham, UTC Aerospace
Colonel Michael Ott, President of The U.S. Bank Private Client Reserve, hosted the welcoming reception and astronaut/Air Force Colonel Curt Brown (retired), who flew six space shuttle missions and is a member of the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame, added to the star power. Thanks to all who brought this extraordinary experience to life!
Posted on 04/25/2014
by Kristi Rollag Wangstad filed under